Monday, March 2, 2009

No Transfer

Will sent this one picture and said, "this is proof that I can cook." It looks like he is frying an egg - wow. He actually does do macaroni and cheese out of the box okay.


HOLA Familia,
Well I realize all my letters start the same but all is well in Bucaramanga. The cambios (transfers) came and went and I’m still here so I’m happy about that. To start this cambio, we are setting our goals extra high to accomplish as much as possible in the next weeks. I made new study goals to focus on the chapters of Predicad mi Evangelio and read lots of Book of Mormon in Spanish and it has really helped to get the days started well. I’m learning a ton. I’ve gotten to where I am comfortable reading the Book of Mormon just in Spanish and I have stopped following along in my English version.

This has been a very good week to start the cambio and we have been blessed to find some escogidos (elect). Also we had a very good experience of how far a small step can go. We started teaching (Angelica) a little while ago because one day we just happened to stop by a member’s house to visit and she told us she had a friend who wanted to listen. The week before last, we had asked Angelica’s mom if she would let her get baptized and unfortunately she said no. But we decided we would stop by a few days later just to see what would happen. Angelica invited 2 of her friends to come; we taught them. They went to church that Sunday and now they have both accepted invitations to be baptized with another friend of theirs now receiving the lessons. All because one member invited us to talk to her friend. So this is a great example of the impact that a small step of faith can have.

Well as far as the cambios (transfers), nothing changed in our house, so it’s still me, Elder Araujo and Elders Fernandez and Madariaga (Chile). But two sister missionaries have replaced the Elders that were in Terrazas (in our district). I haven’t had anything to do with sister missionaries yet in the mission, so that could be a little strange ha but I’m sure they are very good missionaries.

Today I got a nice, short hair cut which feels much better. I spent about an hour cleaning the bathroom so it’s nice and clean.
And now for the highly anticipated mom questions :) As far as packages, I received the one that had the photo Album last week but nothing else has arrived. Something may have happened to the one that Angie sent. I got the dearelder that talked about the bush that had to get cut down but not any others yet. Ha no I don’t use bleach, but maybe I’ll pick some up and if I can figure out which is the wash cycle (ha I presume the first part). I will have to start doing that. And I have gotten to be quite the shirt ironer because we have to iron them every morning. We don’t have a dryer.

Well I’m all about out of time but thanks so much for all your support and the emails and letters and packages etc. and especially your prayers. I am learning a ton and yes, there are frustrating times like you said, but without them the good times wouldn’t be so good and I’m still loving it here.

Love, Elder B.

PS (that’s awesome about you and Dad going to Europe for a month this Spring!)

No comments:

Post a Comment